Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thank You For the Vote of Confidence, Mr. Cramer!

CNBC's Jim Cramer, who has recently been raked over the coals by Jon Stewart of The Daily Show, has apparently made one good call recently. An article written by the unfortunately named Jeff Poor, talks about Cramer's belief that the depression is over.



If you're interested in learning the difference between a recession and a depression (there really isn't one) you should click here. Otherwise, allow me to explain, in my own words: A recession is a smaller downtown, a sustained period of bearish markets, that has some negative impact upon the economy, but is quickly recovered from. A depression is a much larger scale downturn, that may include economic retraction, rather than growth or stagnation.

Anyway, Mr. Cramer believes that the depression is over and, while things may not be completely restored, we are on the road to recover.

Allow me to say thank you, Mr. Cramer. I appreciate that you have faith in my ability to continually select the best outfits for the global economy. I think that if more people in the mainstream media had Cramer's optimism, the people would start becoming more confidence and start getting ready for growth. Were this to happen, I feel confident that employers would start hiring again, and the economy would get on the right track even more rapidly.

The reason for this is simple: I have reason to believe that my dressing my very best is what the economy needs, and in order to do that, I need to have a job interview. So I urge other financial commentators to follow Cramer's lead, tell the people that good days are coming soon, and that they can afford to invest more in everything-- including recently graduated copywriters who have built up an impressive amount of experience over the past few years and are looking for work in Los Angeles.

Only when that happens will our economy really turn a corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment